Different
thoughts keep coursing through my mind. I suddenly began to remember some of my
non-Christian friends who died while we were little – they must be in hell fire
now? Was it their fault that they were given birth to in non-Christian homes? Do
people who were born into Christian homes, or if fortunate like me, have
parents who are pastors automatically have an advantage over those who were
not? And is such advantage fair?
Questions
were teeming in my mind. And if I was taught anything in church and by my
parents, it is to never question anything that has to do with God. God is
All-Sovereign, and does whatever He wishes however He wishes, wherever He
wishes, and with whomever He wishes.
These
things are beginning to get me. I’m nineteen, and for the first time in my
life, the strongest core of my life – my faith, is under real fire. Now, it is
no longer about trying to get those guys see the Gospel as it is, it is about
getting myself to be sure I believe the very Gospel I have always thought and
professed to believe.
Who
would answer the many questions that keep welling up in my mind? We had a Bible
class at the University Chapel today about Eternal Life, and when the time came
to ask questions, I registered some of my questions to Kelvin Carr, the
Chapel’s Bible Study Coordinator, who after realizing there was no answer
within his reach, dismissively said, “You see, for the sake of maintaining
one’s salvation, some questions are better left unanswered”. “Because questions
like this rarely help anybody end up in Heaven”.
I wouldn’t say I felt dirty, but that was the truth. My request for answers to questions that bother my mind should not be the litmus test for the strength of my stand in the Faith.
Or diary, do you think it should? Responses like Kelvin’s, in my opinion, does nothing other than burnish the points of those guys in my class. A fact that scares the heck out of me!

Kelvin needs help😂. Bible study coordinator has left brother Jayden in shambles😂
ReplyDelete😂😂😂
DeleteThanks for reading sir.
The fact that I've come across a lot of people like Kelvin is really annoying
ReplyDeleteHaha. Thanks for reading.
DeleteProvoking thoughts!
ReplyDeleteI've been learning something on asking myself the difficult questions lately because if anything, someone else will. Someone who has thought of it well.. People who don't believe, The Bible even says to have an answer everytime that establishes our belief in God and all when it is questioned... And not having answers to certain questions places one at a disadvantage.
I really look forward to Jayden's thoughts.
Thank you, The Feranmi Oyedele for this.
You are right! Thanks for reading.
DeleteHow I wish that kelvin had an answer .
ReplyDeleteWell done sir
Thanks for reading, sir.
DeleteJayden,faith and doubt are opposite,and to be in faith is to be without doubts........God is a mystery
ReplyDeleteGbas!
ReplyDeleteHard questions ought to be asked. If you don't ask them, someone will ask you. We shouldn't shy away from them because it helps our growth on this journey.
ReplyDeleteWellll, that's if you're asking to grow and not as a weapon to support why you want out.
I don't particularly blame Kelvin cos most of us might probably do worse. He could have done better though. "I really don't know but I'll work on it." Intellectual laziness maybe?
I'm kind of positive that Jayden will get illumination.
Well done!
Somehow,I have been here before where I asked myself some strange questions or when someone pops such kinds of question.One thing I have observed is that it creates doubts.I would rather choose to follow God blindly knowing fully well he knows he is the way.Whatever happens in life,God is never to be blamed.
ReplyDeleteSometimes, we hear words that have been proven as true, yet they don't sit well with us, what do we do then? Ignore the voices that guide us while we stand confused?
DeleteAs for me, I've always failed to ignore the voices that guide me.