Hi diary,
Today was an awesome day, Dee! Eight days after Eloise sent me the mail, today, she came for a visit. I couldn’t contain my joy. Because if nothing, the fact that someone came to check up on me in an environment where I have been literally isolated meant the world to me.
Add to it the fact that I was just seeing my
sister this year since she left for school in January. And yes, as she wrote in
the mail, she did come with her friend – I have been trying not to think he is
our future BIL, because damn, this guy was drop-dead gorgeous and perfect
upstairs too.
My roommates were
around, and so I briefly introduced to them to Eloise and her friend. And oh,
they took us out for lunch – I and my roommates. I won’t pretend I didn’t say
in mind that “You fakes, you are going to get a free lunch from the sister of
the devil’s child”. But I shrugged that off. They’ve been nice until life
happened.
“You
guys should be free with your orders, please” Eloise said.
Ethan, her friend, kept smiling and nodding as if we had won a medal. Anybody
who knows my sister knows one of her many strengths is talking. It was easy for
her to engage my roommates in conversations about how school was going, and
they were holding up.
In no time, Ethan
motioned to me to follow him to a far-away table. Being the first time I would
see him, I felt uneasy. “Calm down, man”
He smiled. So, well, your sister has been
a great friend of mine since our first year in medical school, and she talks a lot
about your family, and I see how much he loves you, and others. She told me
about the things on your mind, and I just want us to talk, to share ideas, and
see where things go from there.
At that moment, I began to spill. After about fifteen minutes, I was still talking, asking questions, registering my thoughts, all of them. In the process of that, I realized something in Ethan that melted my heart. He was paying rapt attention, wasn’t completing my words for me, and didn’t try to shut me up with his story or another person’s.
In one line, he let that moment be about only me, my worries, my questions, and my thoughts. I felt genuinely interested in, and that sensitivity on his part rendered all of my walls broken down.

I think Ethan might have some answers for you
ReplyDeleteLet's see. Thanks for reading.
Delete����
ReplyDeleteNext episode please
Okay ma. On its way.
DeleteAwwwwnnn
ReplyDeleteEthan is God sent
I see him answering all of Jayden's questions intelligently.
I also see him becoming your BIL bro ๐
Btw, this Ethan character is looking like FFO Oyedele.
Boy, this you? Or who you see yourself becoming eventually?
Lol
DeleteBIL man
๐๐
DeleteGreat seer.
We're in public, guy. ๐
What's BIL though?
ReplyDeleteWhen love is in it the equations changes it's not about how it should be anymore it's about how it can be... Jayden don't accept you're an atheist.
Brother-in-law.
DeleteThanks for reading sir.
This is getting interesting.
ReplyDeleteNext please.
๐ค๐ค
DeleteHow lovely.
ReplyDeleteEthan's description ehn!๐๐
E and E... it makes sense.
Leadership and Silence.
I am glad for you, Jayden Coker.
Thank you for this, The Feranmi Oyedele.
Thank you for reading.
DeleteHmm,not completing my words.Wow,I love the way Ethan listened actively. It did the miracle of breaking Jayden's wall.
ReplyDeleteEloise is a woman of integrity, she kept her word of followup or checking up.This is getting interesting.
Ethan.♥️
ReplyDeleteListening ears ๐ฅบ
ReplyDeleteI choose to be one who listens and not complete the words of others just to show off or be the "I know it all, I have experienced it" person.
Ethan's surely glad!