Jeremiah
29;11; For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Sometimes last week, I was in my room in the night, seated on the rug and leaning on the sides of three mattresses stacked one atop the other.
I was about to lift a
spoon from the plate of rice in front of me, when the devil, like he has been
doing for weeks now, flashed an ugly thought about my parents to my mind.
I had
been confronting this thought for a while now – and at times they break me
down, but this night I spoke audible words against them. I quoted Jeremiah
29;11, and the Holy Spirit overwhelmed my mind with a dimension of light on
this verse, that I had never discovered in fifteen years or more.
After
saying this scripture, the Holy Spirit shifted my attention to the Expected End. The next thing He said
was; what is the end you are expecting about your parents? Because that is what
I will give you! I mentioned the kind of end I was expecting, and He told me
that was it!
He would go on to explain to me that expectations are everything. He said He gives His children only the kind of end they are expecting.
The future is not designed to
be a shock to us, as God’s children. The future is simply the results of the
expectations our minds are accumulating in the present. Our minds can be the
barrier to the fulfillment of God’s counsels for our lives. Because, here’s the
thing – all these dramas I am now writing about happened in my mind.
Expectations
are built in the mind. It is why there is a continuous need to educate our
minds with what God has said about us. Our expectations must be informed by the
words of the Lord, for what He gives us is not just an end, it is an expected
end.
Now, go
realign your expectations with the Word! El has your best interest at heart!
Shalom,
The
Feranmi Oyedele.
❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDelete